Linksys Extenders are awe-inspiring networking devices intended to strengthen WiFi signals of the router or main access point to the far corners of house or workplace, even in blind spots. There are numerous models of Linksys extender available in the market namely RE6500HG AC1200, RE6250 AC750, RE2000 N600, RE6500 AC1200, RE4000W N600, RE6400 AC1200, to name a few. You can pick any one from them as you prefer. As soon as you pay for a new extender, you need to set it up with your home network. When it comes to the setup part, you don’t have to worry as we are always here to lend a helping hand to you when you need it the most. This post will walk you through a step-by-step guide for Linksys Extender Setup. This can be done by doing Linksys extender login. Let’s teach you the setup process.
Tips for Extender Setup
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind while setting up the range extender:
- Linksys Extender is a plug and play device so it’s recommended to reset the extender before setup.
- Find a neat and clean place to put your extender.
- Power supply should be constant throughout the setup process.
- Extender must be turned on.
- An active internet connection should be applied to the computer.
- Note down the router’s network name and password.
Once you are done with the above-mentioned things, get started with the extender setup process. Linksys Extenders can be set up in two different modes: Extender Mode and Access Point Mode. The first mode lets the extender replicate the wireless signals without using any messy wires whereas the second mode provides you with better WiFi speeds by decreasing interferences. When working in the Access Point Mode, they can easily be changed to Extender Mode and vice versa.
Set up Linksys Extender in Extender Mode
The extender can be installed using extender.linksys.com webpage. There is no need to use setup CD. Follow the steps below to set up the extender in Extender Mode:
- Plug the extender into a power socket.
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect your range extender.
- If you cannot connect to Linksys Extender, check the Ethernet cable whether it is damaged or not. If it is, replace it immediately with the new one.
- Once done, launch an internet browser on computer.
- Enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar and hit enter.
- A login page will appear.
- Type the username and password to continue.
- Select the wireless range extender option.
- Make a connection to a wireless network.
- Fill in the password in passphrase key.
- You will be presented with a new page which provides on-screen setup instructions.
Simply follow them carefully and manually configure Linksys Range Extender. Once done, unplug the device and plug it in back again but after some time. Now, you can enjoy fast internet connection in each and every corner of the house or workplace.
Set up Linksys Extender in Access Point Mode
To install the extender as an Access Point, you need an Ethernet cable long enough to connect to Linksys Extender. Once you are all set, walk through the instructions given below:
- Put the range extender into a wall plug.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect extender and router.
- Put the computer on power.
- Connect it to a fast network connection.
- Open a web browser like Firefox, Edge, Explorer, Chrome or Safari.
- Navigate to Linksys Smart WiFi Login page.
- It asks for username and password.
- Fill in the default details if you are accessing it very first time. Or else, use the current credentials for login.
- Select the Access Point option.
- Create the extended new network that will be broadcasting.
- Once done, click on Next button.
- For security purpose, create an admin password for your network.
Congrats! Your extender has been set up in Access Point Mode.
This was all about how you can setup your Linksys extender by using extender.linksys.com web address. In case you are looking for the information on Linksys router login, then this can be done using myrouter.local.